The planned curriculum is structured to be developmentally appropriate. Paramount among student needs is establishing positive self-esteem, culminating in self-respect and respect for others.
Our student-centered philosophy provides for mental, physical, and emotional growth, while establishing skills necessary to enjoy successful learning experiences. At each grade level, our talented teachers develop age-appropriate goals, activities and responsibilities.
Students, parents, teachers and administrators consistently build and maintain our organization around best practices that result in high levels of teaching and learning that promote educational excellence and create a positive and productive school culture. As we move through the school year I urge you to contact and develop a strong partnership with the teachers. Together, we can make the success of your child the priority!
As we move into a paperless society, we plan to make a few adjustments this school year.
· We hope you will access this blog (Mr. G's Blog) often. It can be accessed through the Loyalsock Township School District website at www.ltsd.k12.pa.us. Click on the middle school picture to reach the blog. Teachers also post homework, as well as other pertinent information on their web pages.
· We want to keep you abreast of your child’s progress and urge you to utilize the parent portal as often as possible.
· Anyone needing assistance with accessing the portal may contact the school at 323-9439.
· While deficiency notices (below 75) will still be sent home, mid-progress reports will no longer be sent home. Deficiency notices will be sent home 4 ½ weeks into each marking period.
· We realize this is a transition period and urge all parents wishing to receive mid-progress reports via “back-pack mail” to notify the office at the aforementioned number.
· We ask that you contact the individual teacher with any questions regarding the academic concerns of your child. Our School Counselor Mrs. Preisch can also address academic questions.
· I would also encourage all parents to access the grade level team pages to remain informed about homework and upcoming assignments.
IT'S GOING TO BE ANOTHER GREAT YEAR AT LTMS!